Is flexible. Willingly adapts to changes in job assignments, procedures, and technology.
How to Encourage Employees to Be More Flexible
- Clearly explain the rationale and benefits of proposed changes
- Acknowledge feelings of discomfort that most people encounter during periods of change
- Provide encouragement to employees who express a lack of confidence in their ability to adapt to changes in the organization
- Recognize and reward employees who readily adapt to changes
- Taking on a new assignment unexpectedly
- Employee quickly adapts to a new computer system